Planning your wedding is a wonderful time, and something which should be cherished. Hopefully you will only be doing it once! At some point the romance may be lost when some of the more challenging planning aspects need attention.
So if you’re a bride in need of a break or a husband in need of help, you’re in luck. We have put together this checklist to help you think clearly and plan strategically!
The venue is obviously an important part of your wedding day, in terms of the setting it will create and also the outlay. Below we have outlined the aspects you need to consider when coming to a decision:
• Does the venue need to be the location for both the ceremony and the actual wedding reception?
• If you are going to hold the ceremony in a different location, are you going to provide transport for the guests to get to the reception venue?
• If you have your heart set on a particular venue, have you addressed factors such as capacity?
• Are there any restrictions when it comes to decorating the venue?
• What photo opportunities/restrictions arise there?
The ceremony venue is the first thing your guests will see, so make sure this part of your day goes off without a hitch. Establishing exactly how the day will run early on in the planning process will help eliminate any last minute hitches.
Wedding Dress Shopping
Deciding on a dress perhaps comes joint first with choosing the wedding venue. But while you may have an image in your head of what you want, there are some important planning factors you need to bear in mind:
• Have you got time and room in the budget for any dress alterations?
• For weddings further afield or abroad, take into consideration how the dress will be transported. Have you made these arrangements?
• It’s not just the dress you need to choose, there are also accessories such as the veil, jewellery, and possibly a bolero.
• Is the dress you have in mind suitable for the location/weather?
• What sort of footwear do you feel most comfortable in? Do you need to wear flats if you are tall or vice versa?
When your groom and guests see you for the first time, you want a dress that has that ‘wow’ factor. You want to look your best and not be uncomfortable so take the time to find the right dress as this could take a while.
The Guest List
When you get married, you want to share your special day with your friends and family. A great deal of stress can be caused when the guest list needs reducing. Here are some points to take into account:
• Above all, the capacity of the venue will dictate how many people you can invite, so do you know what this figure is?
• How much will it cost you to feed all of these guests?
• Do you want your day to be lavish and intimate?
• Can you compromise on the guests to leave off the list?
It is not easy leaving relatives or friends off your wedding guest list. To a certain extent though, you should invite the people who you are happy to share your day with.
Planning a wedding doesn’t have to be a stressful time. Always keep in mind that this should be a fun and enjoyable experience for all involved. Enjoy the process and if necessary ask for help if it is getting too much for you.
If you are organizing a wedding party and need some inspiration for your decorations, check out this wedding site where you’ll find tips in abundance..
Plan a Wedding Resources