There is absolutely no other era, in our opinion, as beautiful as the Victorian era.
It was a time not only characterised by its prosperity, but for its incredibly artistic expressions. There are just so many gorgeous and simply unique ways to create a Victorian style wedding, Read on for a few of our favourites!
For a Victorian style wedding, you should choose light pastel colours, like pale pink, ivory, lilac, pale order cialis blue and light green. Choosing a gold or silver trim works well too.
* Whether you’re making the wedding invitations yourself or buying them pre-made, use ones that have that touch of sophistication and invitations with a vintage feel.
* Try engraving your invites with calligraphy and silver or gold printing
* Use thick, high quality paper and card to achieve a more formal look and feel.
* Decorate your invites with pictures, ferns and roses entwined in swirly vines
Take a look at our vintage wedding invitations range
* Crystal is a must when it comes to a Victorian theme for a wedding. Dangle crystal chandeliers from the ceilings. You may even place crystal dishes and candlestick holders around the room.
* Line areas with Victorian type spindles and pillars.
* Use lace trim along tables edges and curtains.
* Use pewter style decorations wherever possible (tables and chairs etc).
* Drape long flowing fabrics over the accents.
* Place doilies on the tabletops.
* Have potted ferns scattered around the room.
* Tea cups and potpourri work well to achieve this desired look.
* Engraved champagne glasses.
* Victorian heart shaped jewellery boxes.
* A potted fern.
* Decorative, personalised doilies.
* Glass candlestick holders.
* Tea cups.
Fun Things to Wear
You can really have fun getting dressed up for this theme. Have your guests join in by getting them to come in a Victorian style dress! This can include:
* Long, elbow or wrist length gloves.
* Look for replicas of Victorian style wedding gowns to wear on the day.
* Wear your hair up, with curls hanging down to frame the face.
* Men can wear formal tuxes with tailcoats, bow ties, white gloves and formal vests underneath.
You’re sure to have a lot of fun choosing flowers for a Victorian theme. The key is to remember to make your arrangements look as formal as possible. Here are some flowers that work and compliment your wedding:
* Baby’s breath.
* White and pale pink roses.
* Orange blossoms.
* Dried flowers and potpourri.
There are so many beautiful and original ways to create the perfect Victorian style wedding, you really can’t go wrong!
Wedding Planning Resources
Plan a Wedding Resources