If you are like most of us regular folk, public speaking is not something you look forward to. In fact, you may try to avoid public scrutiny. Unfortunately however, this is one occasion from which you can not hide.
The best news is, delivering your groom speech does not have to be as challenging as it might seem. That is, as long as you are not tempted to bolster your nerves with too much punch. Be certain you don’t take too much alcohol until you are safely back in your seat, having delivered your speech.
Here is the main thing you need to know:
Your groom speech revolves around showing appreciation to those who have helped you and your new wife get to this moment in your lives. You will generally speak after your wife’s father.
Here are six points to help you get started:
1. Thank your new wife’s mother and father for raising such a beautiful daughter and entrusting her to your care. Furthermore, cialis no rx thank them for any help they have provided for the wedding and for your new life together.
2. Express Thanks to your own parents for taking care of you and being there for you throughout your life and for any contribution they have made to the wedding and helping you to get started in married life.
It is not a good idea to make fun of either your new wife’s parents or your parents during a wedding speech unless you clear it with them first. Even the most easy going people may not react well to being made fun of on this occasion.
3. Of course, you can’t proceed any further in your speech without thanking your bride. Thank her for being the beautiful person she is, and talk about some of her best qualities. Tell her how much you appreciate her trust in you and her love for you; that you consider yourself to be a very lucky man. Once again, be sweet and do not make fun of your bride to get a laugh. You have not gotten to the honeymoon yet.
4. Next it’s time to thank your best man. Generally, it should be safe to make some jokes about him. So, save your need for laughs until you get to him. Quite often the groom’s speech includes some jocular anecdotes about the best man and or groomsmen, and this can go down very well.
5. The maid of honor, bride’s maids, and flower girls should be next on the list to be thanked. Mention how nice they look and how much easier they made the day for your beautiful new wife.
6. After you have thanked all these people for their contribution to your wedding and to your life, you can thank anyone else who is important to you or your bride: Siblings, aunts and uncles, grandparents, and friends can be mentioned at this time. You can also include any personal messages you want to give.
When you have finished your speech, you can hand the proceedings back over to the master of ceremonies. The best man speech usually follows the grooms speech. Now you can go and have that drink.
Plan a Wedding Resources