Understanding how much it will cost to hire a wedding planner is a bit like asking how much a place costs. It actually depends on precisely what you”re trying to find, the size, quality, and location. Except for the size, the cost of a marriage planner is exactly the same. It is dependent on exactly what you want. Matrimony planners have different techniques of charging for their services so be sure you know how much they charge as well as how they charge. The 5 techniques below are the most typical.
1. Consultation fee: Some marriage planners charge for a preliminary consultation while others don’t do so. Dependent on where you reside, whether in a rural setting or a urban area, this charge can range from $150 to $500 for a full 3-hour consultation where you preliminarily outline details for the matrimony. If you want more than only an initial consultation, this cost can be included in the entire package price.
2. Proportion of the marriage budget: This is probably the most common strategy utilized in getting a wedding planner. The typical matrimony today costs $28,000 and the typical percentage for a wedding planner is 10-15%. Some experienced marriage planners can charge as much as 20%, dependent on their customers and reputation. Based on average marriage cost example, a marriage planner charging 15% would cost $4,200.
While this could seem like a lot of money, bear in mind that wedding planners often barter the vendor costs down to compensate for their share of the marriage. You would wish to ask about this at your primary consultation but if they do negotiate vendors down to a more reasonable price, you will not even notice the cost when allowed for to the entire matrimony.
3. No charge to customer — Occasionally wedding planners will not charge their clients anything except instead , will take their pay from the sellers they hire for the matrimony. Some clients take issue with this strategy, considering this “kickbacks” from sellers. Just make sure that you ask if the wedding planner tells you there will be no cost to you.
4. Hourly fee — When you're looking for a wedding planner to finish certain limited tasks for you, this could be a great choice. Because marriage planner hourly salary alter, make sure you know their hourly rate before agreeing to this pricing structure. Charges can go from $50 to $100 per hour, dependent on what you need done.
5. Flat rate — On occasion you will find a wedding planner who will work with you for a flat package charge. In this situation, ensure you have a formal contract to clearly outline what the marriage planner will do and what they won't do. (The “not do” is more crucial than the “do” as it gets shot of all bewilderment later .) This charge can range all the way from $500 to $5,000 and cover many responsibilities.
Also remember that much of the time marriage planners need a deposit at the first consultation with the remainder due on the big day or sometime just before or after. Also , if you are planning the marriage 9 months or more in advance , they'd also require monthly payments. So be prepared when you go for your first consultation to provide some form of payment, based on your previous arrangements.
No matter which payment option you choose, you should know upfront how much it'll cost and have a written agreement spelling out precisely what’s going to be done and when. This could make your job easier and give everyone related a clear outline of their responsibilities.
Molly Page is a writer station in Singapore. She’s obsessed with animals and travelling. She is a local writer and a journalist who talks about loans in Singapore. You can find further information about loans from her private web site.
Plan a Wedding Resources